Thursday, October 21, 2010

A letter to my little man

Dear Alexander,
I can't believe you are going to be 6 weeks old tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday we were even wondering if we'd have someone so wonderful in our lives, and here you are. Wiggly, smiley, alert and beginning to explore your world. You were completely worth waiting for, even though it would have been great if you had arrived on your due date, mostly because I haven't spent nearly enough time with you and it's almost time to go back to work.

I love seeing how much you grow and change everyday, how strong you're becoming, I know you'll be able to hold your head up on your own any day now, and soon you'll be crawling and then running. You're so big and strong, but I love that you still fit in the crook of my neck, and that you fall asleep there so easily. I want to remember forever what it feels like to have you sleeping there, and I'll try my hardest to remember, but I know, sadly, that some day I will forget that right now you can fit from my shoulder to my belly button (which you love to kick when you're unhappy.)

I know sometimes I get frazzled and frustrated when you cry, but it's only because I don't know what's wrong and I never want to see you hurt or in pain. I wish I could instantly make everything better for you, but it's hard when you can't tell me what's wrong and I have to guess, because a lot of the times it seems like I'm wrong. I look forward to the day when you can actually tell me what's wrong, and I hope you'll confide in me and tell me your problems. I can't promise that I can always make everything better, but I promise to try, and I promise to always listen.

You are such an amazing, wonderful little guy, and as much as I want you to stay little forever, I can't wait to see what kind of boy, and man, you'll become.

I love you.

---Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment