Sunday, October 31, 2010

weighing in

It's no surprise that I gained weight during my pregnancy. I ate like a horse and really packed on the pounds, but silly me, I thought I'd be able to lose it all pretty quickly after the little guy was born. I'm not going to tell you how much I weighed before I got pregnant, but I will tell you that I gained 37 pounds during my pregnancy. 37 pounds! I am not a tall woman by any means, I've always been petite (aka: short). My doctor never mentioned any concern with my weight gain, she always told me I was doing great. Almost 2 months post-pregnancy and I think I've lost maybe 15 pounds. 8 of that was Alex himself. A couple of those pounds were probably fluid.

It was hard to do anything those first few weeks because of that c-section, so I tried to be easy on myself then. But time has gone by and still its hard for me to get motivated to exercise. Because seriously, when am I supposed to do this? When I'm not sleeping or feeding a baby? The hubs and I have been trying to take longer walks, but I know it's going to take a lot more than that to get this baby weight off.


<----I vow to not let myself get to this :)

Ani DiFranco has a line that I try to remember whenever I see the state of my stomach: "I've got highways for stretch marks, see where I've grown." If only I could remember this when I realize that none of my pants fit and that I am going to have to go buy all new pants before I start work again in a few weeks.

When I look at Alex though, all those stretch marks and extra weight gain is totally worth it. Although it would be pretty awesome if all this extra baby weight would just fall off, without my needing to diet or exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment