Friday, January 28, 2011

The little things

I've been a Negative Nancy lately, what with all my posts about feeling burnt out and angry. I know it's par for the course of being a working mom and trying to balance a job that I no longer want with a family. But I took a much needed personal day the other day and had time to refill my energy/happiness battery. It felt wonderful to spend the day with the hubs and the owlet. I went to mommies group. We went out to brunch. I did things for me. It was great. Til I went back to work and almost immediately felt my battery be drained.



I really wanted to keep that positive energy going, at least for a day. I feel crappy when all I think all day are crappy thoughts. So today, I'm bringing some positivity to work. These are the things that are making me smile today.

1.

This is my new wallpaper on my desktop at work. How can anyone NOT smile seeing that gorgeous face and that adorable smile? Seriously. If that doesn't brighten your day than you are the grinchiest grinch.


2. The hubs got free tickets to Universal Studios. Which means: WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER. For those of you who don't know me, I am a Harry Potter freak. Like, for real. I don't take it so far as to wear Hogwarts robes as my daily wardrobe (partly because I don't have any) but I've read the books like a gajillion times and will happily talk your ear off about the ins and outs of the books and all the things they got wrong in the movies. I am so totally stoked about this that I actually used the word stoked. There is nothing planned of course, because I only found out about it at 2:00 this morning, but yeah. The mere thought of planning a vacation makes my heart happy.


3. The owlet is learning to sit up on his own. He rolled from back to tummy the other day. He is growing up so much, and I love to watch him learn and discover new things. So, when things get me down, I look at my desktop and think about that smiling face that's going to be waiting for me when I get home and all the fun we're going to have together tonight and this weekend. (I try not to think about all the fun he's having while I'm not with him, because that just brings me down, and that's not what we're focusing on today.)


4. I have an incredibly loving and supportive husband, who knew that telling me about Universal Studios would brighten my crappy night (the owlet was up every hour and a half last night. ugh.), and who loves me even when I am completely and utterly insane and do nothing but complain about my job.


5.

No comments:

Post a Comment