Tuesday, October 26, 2010

problem...solved?

So the hubs and I might have figured out a solution to the whole childcare issue. After sitting down last night, with only a minimal melt-down by me, and crunching some numbers (I hate budgeting, btw, because I don't like seeing how little money we are left with each month) we decided that there is no way we can afford childcare each month. No surprise there, right? Which reminds me, why on earth did I get a job in the non-profit world? Maybe if I was working in some big shot company I'd be able to afford childcare. Or if the hubs was, then I could stay home. But I'm not going to get started on THAT whole thing again. Anyway, we can't afford childcare. And we can't afford for me to stay home. Awesome.

So, the hubs, wonderful man that he is, is going to make the sacrifice of working the night shift at his company. Of course it's a sacrifice for me too, since it means less time with my wonderful husband, but it also means that we won't have to pay for childcare, because he'll be able to stay home with our owlet all day, and I'll be home with him all night. As much as it's going to be hard at first, it will still allow him to be around a lot, and spend time with our little guy. We talked about how hard it's going to be for him to sleep, since sometimes this little owlet barely naps during the day, so, we ALSO decided that he would spend the day with the dog and the lil guy at the grandparents house. That way they get to spend lots of time with him too, and he can nap even if Alex decides he doesn't want to, there will still be someone there to take care of him.

As hard as it will be for me to go back to work and leave my little one in someone else's hands, I'm glad to know that he will be in very capable, loving hands. Although if anyone out there wins the lottery, it'd be awesome if you sent some of that money my way so that I don't have to leave him at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment