Sunday, November 21, 2010

random thoughts/confessions

I have a fussy owlet this morning. We started our day with him throwing up all over me as I was making breakfast. Its been a long time since he's thrown up so much, pretty much since I've cut out dairy. I can only think it was something I ate yesterday, but I feel badly. He got one good 4 hour stretch of sleep last night but was then up every 2 hours after that. I've taken to holding him on my chest very early in the morning so that we can both get a little more sleep but I'm realizing that this week will be the last time I'll be able to do that, except for weekends. I'm going to miss it.

I am desperately searching for a new job. This is no surprise, but I'm finding it hard to find something I'm actually qualified for, since my entire work experience consists of therapy or retail, neither of which I want to do right now. I feel like I'm applying for anything and everything that I am remotely qualified for, that pays well and that has part time. Something's got to stick, right?

I have not put laundry away in 3weeks. Part of me wonders if we will ever have clothes put away, since once I return to work I will want to put it away even less than I do now. I also haven't swept or vacuumed in almost as long. Not cool. There seems to be a small dog growing in the corner of the living room with the amount of fur that is accumulating there.

And, we have survived the first week of the hubs' new work schedule. It has only resulted in 2 meltdowns by me, which I think is pretty good, considering. I think its going to take a loooong time for us both to get used to it, but we're hanging in there.

So instead of tackling the number of things that needs to get done today, I think I'll just curl up with lil man on the couch and enjoy this time while I have it. Everything else can wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment