Friday, November 26, 2010

Sadness

I am filled today, with sadness and worry. My best friend from high school lost her husband today in a head on collision as he was driving to work. I hate living far away from everyone I grew up with, because I would love nothing more than to run to her aid. But we are 2,000 miles apart, and I am stuck here wishing I could fly back for the funeral to be with her.

I found out this news through Facebook, of all places. Can you believe it? In a way I guess its a good thing, I don't know that I would have found out otherwise until it was too late.

This one piece of news has rocked my world today, and not in a good way. I feel like all the little petty things I get so worked up about almost daily are nothing now compared to what my friend with her two small children must be going through. I cannot even imagine losing my hubs. Which of course, brings on the worry.

I am a worrier by nature. I think its genetic. (Thanks, mom). I worry about everything, and everyone. I've always been a worrier, but when I got married those worries doubled. I worried about something happening to my hubs, about something happening to me. And now, that I have a son, the worries have tripled. I don't want to raise my son in a world of fear. I want him to embrace life, to take risks (as long as he's careful), to enjoy his life to the fullest, because, as I learned today, it can all come to an end far too quickly.

Friend, you are in my thoughts always, and even more so at this tragic time. I love you and I'm sending you positive healing thoughts that you may more easily get through this incredibly difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment