Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the only thing constant is change

You may have noticed that things have been a little quiet over on the blogosphere for a bit there. Well, first of all, we moved. That was like 2 months ago now. I really need to do a post about moving with a 5 month old, but lemme sum up. It. Sucked. Also, I GOT A NEW JOB! But then I learned that I hated it and that it was almost even more stressful than the other job I was desperate to leave. So that's no fun. What was the job you ask? A program assistant at a historic park here in Denver. Sounds fun, right? WRONG. Well, sort of wrong. Basically what it means is that I help with field trips and run birthday parties. Except that it also means that I run around completely insane for an hour setting things up, then yell myself hoarse for 2 hours trying to get kids to pay attention and learn about the pioneer days and then I run around for another hour to clean everything up. On the weekends when I have 2 back to back groups, I also have to find time between the 2 to pump, eat lunch, go to the bathroom and set up for the other group. In case you couldn't guess, this job was not for me. So, I just gave my week's notice. I have 2 more days left of that job. But that's ok because... I GOT ANOTHER NEW JOB! It's actually one I really wanted but didn't get a little while back which made me take that other job that I don't like. What is this job? (Wow, you're so polite asking me these questions!) It's a shelver at a library. Yup. But not just any library. It's a really cool, new way of thinking library. And I think I'm really going to like it. At least I hope I do. So I start there in two weeks. And I leave my current therapy job in about a month. A job I've been at for 4 years. A job I've both loved and hated. And a job I've come to dread going to, but a job that I am comfortable in, even if half the time I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing. I hope to come back to this work someday, and in fact, I have some ideas percolating about a way to keep me doing therapy, only, less intensely. More to come on that later. (Intrigued? good.) So the tides, they are a changing. A new job means more time with the owlet. It also means less money, but I don't know that I care right now. (ask me again in a few months though). It also, hopefully means less stress. And now that this is in place, the hubs can start looking for something else too. Something that means he doesn't have to work at night, and so that we can spend time together again as a family. Ahh, time together as a family. Wouldn't that be splendid? I've missed it so much over the last few months.

1 comment:

  1. I will admit that I am very much in a similar place...set to go back to crc in August but dreading it~ just ready to be done there I think. It's a job that I know and I like it but -- you understand !! Glad to hear you have something better for your soul. :)

    ReplyDelete