Monday, May 23, 2011

the shortest fuse


Apparently I do not do well on no sleep. As you might have seen from my earlier post, I become snarky and sarcastic. A Gilmore Girls fan may call me snarkastic. This might get a brief chuckle from me, however, I will almost immediately go back to wanting to smack people with sandwiches.

Correction, I will go back to wanting to smack my husband with a sandwich.

Seems like no matter what he says, the hubs is getting the brunt of the short fuse-ness that I've got going on right now.

"How did I beat you home?" turns into me wanting to cry and yell at him. (Wait, wanting to? That's a stretch. I did practically cry and I certainly yelled: "because I have to carry in 60 pounds of stuff between all these bags and the owlet in his car seat!" Or something along those lines.)

This is one of the many ridiculous things that have sent me into a tizzy today. The owlet not going to sleep fast enough. The fact that I have to wash his bowls out and my pump parts. Not having enough time in the day to get everything done that needs to get done.

I think on top of not getting enough sleep is the fact that the owlet is either teething or sick or both. And I feel utterly helpless about this, because if he's NOT teething than I don't want to give him something for teething pain.

And if he IS teething, then I officially hate teething, because it sucks.

Also, I am totally stressed out about finishing my job in less than 2 weeks. I am completely behind and beginning to worry that I made a huge mistake in taking a lesser paying, lesser hours job.

And, to top it off, I can't talk to the hubs about it because he sleeps in the evening before he has go to work, which means that: a) I get stressed thinking about ANOTHER sleepless night, up a trillion times with the owlet and b) I get stressed because I don't want him to work nights anymore so that I don't have to do this by myself anymore but I can't very well tell him to go back to working days when I just took a lesser paying job. (see above.)

So, this whole wanting to slap people with sandwiches sort of makes sense.

Now, where'd I put that glass of wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment