Thursday, March 10, 2011

6 months already?!

My Dear Owlet,
You turn 6 months old today, at 10:08 pm, to be exact. It's hard to believe that on this day 6 months ago I was going through some pretty excruciating pain, and that I had been up for over 24 hours. Although when I look back on it now, it was all a blur, except when I finally got to see you and hold you. I remember that I was shaking after my c-section, I remember your daddy holding my hand and then getting to hold you almost right after you were born. I remember hearing your cry and being so happy and excited and exhausted. I remember your grandparents coming in and being so excited to see you, and I remember thinking that all I wanted to do was hold you, but that I couldn't stop shaking. When the nurse finally brought you to me, I was so happy. I couldn't believe it, here you were, my little guy. And you were so little!

You're not so little anymore. When I held you to rock you to sleep before, you fit from the top of my shoulder to my belly button. Now, your feet hit me somewhere around mid-thigh. Before, we had problems with you latching and eating enough, now you eat like a champ. You've started eating solid foods too, so far only cereal, which you didn't like at first; sweet potatoes, which you thought were pretty awesome; and peas, which I think you've grown to enjoy.

You are growing more and more everyday and exploring your world with intense fascination. You can pretty much sit up on your own, although sometimes you topple over, and despite my insistence that you wouldn't, you're starting to scoot around, on the back of your head, just like your daddy did. You love to stand up, with help, of course, but you'd much rather stand than sit or lay down. You sometimes roll from your tummy to your back, and you like to half roll over from your back to your tummy, and if no one else is watching, you'll roll over all the way. Your favorite thing to say right now is "babababa" and you say it all the time, except when you're showing us how loud you can yell. You're fascinated with the dog, and he makes you laugh and smile. Daddy makes you laugh and smile too, which makes mommy laugh and smile. You love when mommy does the "Hot dog dance" from Mickey Mouse club house, and you love sticking anything and everything in your mouth.

While you've grown and changed so much over the past 6 months, I know we've got so much more learning and growing and changing ahead of us. I can't wait to see what kind of adventures we get to go on together in this journey, as we both learn together. You've already taught me so much, and I love learning from you as you learn about your world.

Happy 6 month birthday Alexander.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment